Photography Workshop

Last Monday our students attended a photography workshop with Peter Smith of Peter Smith Photography. They learned how to use an amazing little app called Snapseed as well as many photography basics like the rule of thirds. Here are some samples of their artwork!



Sir Winston Churchill

Today we learned: 1. Sir Winston Spencer Churchill was the Prime Minister of Great Britain 2. He was Prime Minister from 1940 – 1945 3. He is famous as one of the foremost leaders of the Allies during World War Two 4. Sir Winston Churchill was also an accomplished artist 5. He received his military […]



Butterfly

Today we learned: 1. A butterfly comes from a caterpillar 2. The largest butterfly in the world is the Queen Alexandra’s Birdwing. It’s wingspan can reach up to 1 ft (30 cm) 3. The life cycle of a butterfly is egg, caterpillar, cocoon, butterfly 4. Two of the chief butterfly families are Papiliondae and Hesperidae […]



Quote Of The Day

“It’s good to have money and the things that money can buy, but it’s good, too, to check up once in a while and make sure that you haven’t lost the things that money can’t buy.” George Horace Lorimer Live, Love and Learn, The Clarabel College Conglomerate



Nail Polish

A couple of weeks ago, Professor Nanny and Caty spent an afternoon making nail polish. They needed to use a base, some glitter and some dye, as well as apparatus like funnels, labels and bottles. It was a rewarding science lesson with Professor Mummy volunteering to test the finished product on her toes!



A visit to HMB Endeavour

The students of Clarabel College were lucky enough to spend some time aboard the HMB Endeavour replica as it was docked in Melbourne recently. As it turns out, our Cousin Nigel is the chef aboard Endeavour during its circumnavigation around Australia. The Endeavour was originally a Collier (a boat that transported coal) before it was […]



Quote Of The Day

“If you hem in both ends of your day with a prayer, it won’t be so likely to unravel in the middle.” Thomas F. Shubnell Live, Love and Learn, The Clarabel College Conglomerate



Orang-utan

Today we learned: 1. Orang-utan’s live in Borneo and Sumatra. 2. Male orang-utan’s can grow up to 5ft 9inches tall. 3. Their habitat is tropical rainforest. 4. They make ‘nests’ in trees to sleep in. 5. Their diet is 90% fruit. The other 10% is made up of things like insects, bark, nuts etc. 6. […]



Canberra

Today we learned: 1. The site for Canberra was chosen in 1908. 2. Canberra is neither closer to Sydney or Melbourne (as the crow flies), it is in the middle of the two. 3. Canberra is situated on Lake Burley Griffin which was named after the man who designed the city. 4. Some interesting places […]